Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's get going

Okay, as I am new and extremely inexperienced to the blogging world; I'm just going to wing it and see how it turns out.
Yes I have announced my dreams, not just as another guy placing another arbitrary status in cyberspace for others to like, comment, poke and then forget about. I am making myself accountable to my dreams but telling you about them. In order to make them a reality I have to tell society in order for them to change from dreams to objectives, and then demystify the vision and plan the way forward for the next four years.
I made this choice whilst I was coaching the Zim Junior Men's double at The World Rowing Junior Championships this year in Plovdiv,Bulgaria. Whilst standing on a jetty, it came to me that my rowing career isn't over yet and in a discussion with an Algerian lighweight sculler Amina Rouba, her french accent is still in my head "ya, why not?".
 I have been getting back into it slowly but surely and over the past 6 weeks have racked up over 426km on the bike, erg, in the boat, running and swimming.
I have competed at Junior and U23 level for Zimbabwe, schooled at Petehouse, attended 'Tuks' University of Pretoria and had an amazing base to set me up for rowing.
I will try to keep you up to date on how my training and plans are going and give you more of an incite of how i intend to navigate this elitist road to Rio 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment